Our Commitment to Privacy
Protecting the privacy and confidentiality of the customers’ information is an important aspect of the way Calibre Sales Inc. (“Calibre Sales”) conducts its business. Collecting, using and disclosing customer information in an appropriate, responsible, and ethical manner is fundamental to Calibre Sales’ daily operations.
Calibre Sales strives to protect and respect the personal information of its customers, employees, business partners, and so on in accordance with all applicable provincial and federal laws. Each staff member of Calibre Sales must abide by the company’s procedures and practices when handling customer information.
Personal information is defined as any identifying information about an individual or group of individuals, including name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, social insurance/security number, nationality, gender, health history, financial data, credit card numbers, bank account numbers, assets, debts, liabilities, payment records, credit records, loan records, opinions and personal views.
Business information refers to business name, business address, business telephone number, name(s) of owner(s), executive officer(s), and director(s), job titles, business registration numbers, and financial status. Business information is treated and handled with the same level of confidentiality, privacy, and respect as personal information.
Consent occurs and is obtained when a customer signs an application or other form containing personal and/or business information, thereby authorizing Calibre Sales to collect, use, and disclose the customer’s information for the purposes stated on the form or in the Appropriate Use section of this policy.
- Implied consent is granted by the customer when the customer or the customer’s representative signs an application or form, places an order, or agrees to the Terms and Conditions on Calibre Sales’ website. This allows Calibre Sales to obtain or verify information from third parties (such as banks, credit bureaus, lenders or insurance companies) in the process of assessing the eligibility of an individual, customer, client, job applicant or business partner.
- The customer’s information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other party for any reason whatsoever, without the customer’s written consent, other than for the express purpose of doing business and improving customer relations.
Calibre Sales collects and uses the customers’ information solely for the purpose of conducting business and developing an understanding of its customers. Calibre Sales hereby asserts that personal and business information will only be used for the following purposes:
- To personalize the customer’s experience and to improve customer service
- To improve Calibre Sales’ website.
- To process transactions
- To send marketing materials
Customers’ email addresses may be used by Calibre Sales to send information and updates pertaining the order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, contests or other promotions.
1. Calibre Sales obtains personal and business information directly from the customer or the customer’s representative, to which the information belongs. Customers are entitled to know how Calibre Sales uses their information. Calibre Sales will limit the use of any personal and business information collected only to what is needed for conducting business with current and prospective customers. Calibre Sales will obtain the customer’s consent if the customer’s information is to be used for any other purpose. Calibre Sales will not use that information without the consent of the customer.
3. Once personal/business information is no longer required, it will be destroyed in a safe and secure manner. However, certain laws may require that certain information be kept for a specified period of time. Where this is the case, the law will supersede this policy.
4. Calibre Sales will protect personal and business information with the appropriate security measures, physical safeguards, and electronic precautions. Calibre Sales maintains personal information through a combination of paper and electronic files. Where required by law or disaster recovery/business continuity policies, older records may be stored in a secure, offsite location.
- Access to personal and business information will be authorized only for the employees and other agents of Calibre Sales, who require the information to perform their job duties, and to those otherwise authorized by law.
- Calibre Sales’ computer and network systems are secured by complex passwords. Only authorized individuals may access secure systems and databases.
- Routers and servers connected to the Internet are protected by a firewall, and are further protected by virus attacks or “snooping” by sufficient software solutions.
6. Calibre Sales’ website may contain links to other sites, but Calibre Sales is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
7. While IP addresses will be logged in order to administer the site, track visitor movement, and gather demographic information, these IP addresses will not be linked to any personally identifiable information.
8. Customers’ financial information and related information will be protected by SSL encryption.
9. In most instances, Calibre Sales will grant customers access to their information upon presentation of a written request and satisfactory identification. If a customer finds errors of fact with the personal/business information of this customer, please notify Calibre Sales as soon as possible to make the appropriate corrections. Should Calibre Sales deny any information access request, it will advise the customer in writing of the reason for such a refusal.
10. Calibre Sales may use a customer’s information without the customer’s consent under particular circumstances. These situations include, but are not limited to:
- Calibre Sales is under obligation by law to disclose information in order to adhere to the requirements of an investigation of the contravention of a provincial or federal law, under the purview of the appropriate authorities.
- An emergency exists that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security.
- The information is already publicly available.
- Disclosure is required to investigate a breach of contract.
|In person/In writing:||8162 Keele Street
Concord, Ontario L4K 2A5
|Calibre Sales Customer Service Line:||905-660-3603|
|Calibre Sales General Fax Number:||905-660-7066|
|Calibre Sales General Email Address:||email@example.com|
|Calibre Sales General Website:||www.calibre.ca|